2016 VRC Pro Worlds schedule to kick off November 29 with new Rally X class
Tuesday, Nov 22, 2016 06:43pm
By Aaron Waldron
Press release from VRC World:
Traditionally December is VRC Worlds month. Not only the annual holiday season, but also the most anticipated month in virtual r/c racing. Thousends of r/c racers from all over the world are now preparing for the VRC Worlds.
This year we will introduce a new class: Rally X and we will kick of the VRC Worlds with the very first World Championship for Rally X on November 29th.
This class is based on the 1:8 electric buggy with lowered suspension, special wheels and tires and of course special rally X tracks. The Worlds will be raced on Rally X1, a mixed dirt-asphalt track located in a harbour area. In the future we plan to have more Rally X layouts on this location, but also on existing on-road tracks like Heemstede and Messina which will then be converted to Rally-X style tracks for the occassion of Rally X visiting these tracks.
A total of 17 VRC Worlds events will be organized, All classes except the 3 NASCAR truck classes will be raced in both Open class and Spec class. The Open and Spec class will be raced on the same track and at the same time. Open classes will have just 1 World Champion, Spec classes will have World Champions in Pro, Sport and Club class. 2016 IFMAR World Champion David Ronnefalk will feature in the 1:8 nitro and electric buggy classes on the new Las Vegas track.
We will release 4 new tracks, the forementioned Rally X1 track, the Las Vegas off-road track (2016 IFMAR Worlds), Sao Paulo Oval and VRC Carpet 6, a track designed by Jukka-Pekka Huhtalla from Finland. This lay-out won the track design competition held among VRC members in the middle of this year.
Each Worlds will have the following schedule
- 4 days of Timed practice (not mandatory to participate)
- 4 days of qualifying
- 3 days for semi finals
- 3 days for main finals
2016 VRC Worlds schedule (start dates)
- Nov. 29 Rally X at Rally X1 (new)
- Dec. 6 1:12 electric sportscars at VRC Carpet 6 (new)
- Dec. 6 1:10 nitro sedans at Kissimmee Short
- Dec. 6 1:10 short course trucks at to be announced
- Dec. 6 1:10 nitro NASCAR trucks at Sao Paulo Oval (new)
- Dec. 13 1:8 electric buggies at Las Vegas (new) with David Ronnefalk
- Dec. 13 1:8 nitro NASCAR trucks at Sao Paulo Oval (new)
- Dec. 13 1:10 electric NASCAR trucks at Sao Paulo Oval (new)
- Dec. 20 1:8 nitro buggies at Las Vegas (new) with David Ronnefalk
- Dec. 20 1:8 nitro on-road at Melzo
- Dec. 20 1:10 electric ISTC at VRC Carpet 6 (new)