By Aaron Waldron
New from Serpent:
Serpent SPYDER 2wd race buggy - #500007
1/10 scale, electric powered, MidHybrid version
Serpent introduces the Spyder SRX2 1/0 buggy in MH version Serpent designer Billy Easton, former 1/10 scale 2wd World Champion, and the designer of the successful Cobra 1/8 series and Spyder 1/10 series of cars, has created this next masterpiece
The SRX2 MH kit is basically a 2 in 1 car, as Serpent offers 2 type of transmission in the kit to choose from.
- 1 x 3-gear upright transmission for low to medium traction = LMT
- 1 x 3-gear laydown transmission for medium to high traction = MHT
The Spyder SRX2 LMT (low –medium traction) will perform best at low grip and medium traction tracks like grass, sand and clay. (For super low traction Serpent offers the Spyder SRX2 Rear Motor kit).
The Spyder SRX2 MHT (medium –high-traction) will perform best at medium to high traction tracks like carpet, astro and high grip clay.
Key features of the SPYDER 2wd buggy MH:
- High performance race geometry
- Narrow hard anodised aluminium 7075 T6 chassis design with composite sideguards / stiffeners and seperate alminium kick-up plate
- Upright transmission / motor design with light 3 gear transmission
- Laydown transmission / motor design with light 3 gear transmission
- Highly efficient steering Ackermann
- Big bore 12mm shocks with dual system
- Composite shocktower design for grip and durability
- Smooth ball-differential ( gear-diff optional)
- 3 pad slipper clutch
- Composite battery holder
- Low, cab forward MH body
- Durable and efficient suspension front and rear
As optionals Serpent also offers the 4-gear upright and 4-gear laydown transmissions, which are easy to assemble on the same alu chassis. To basically 4 transmission all fit on the same platform.
Width: varies with set-up
For more information, click here to visit the full kit presentation on Serpent's website: