By Aaron Waldron
New from Shepherd Micro Racing:
Team Shepherd is happy to release the brandnew Velox V10 "WC" kits just a few days before christmas. Based on the successful Velox V10 "PRO" platform the latest car kit has been developed in close cooperation with top team drivers as well as club level racers from all over the world. It includes nearly all the new parts that were already succesfully used at the World Championship in Gubbio with Simon Kurzbuch making the most out of them claiming the second position after qualifying and the 3rd overall position with the fastest lap of the main final. A new chassis plate as well as a new radioplate with an excentric insert allows to mount the servo saver in two different position doubling the possible ackermann settings. Furthermore the radioplate features two different steering servo mount positions giving additional options for the weight distribution. The rear end comes with new gearbox bulkheads, new diff bulkheads as well as a carbon stiffener connecting the new bulkheads for various flex options increasing the traction especially under acceleration. All these parts in combination with well proven features like the Direct-V-Brake, an extra small servo saver and updated 4.9mm uniballs and balljoints all around make the succesful Velox V10 platform even stronger.
- Chassisplate for different servo saver positions
- Radioplate with excentric bushing for the servo saver axle
- Rear bulkheads for carbon stiffener
- Gearbox bulkheads for carbon stiffener with bushings for ball bearings
- Rear end carbon stiffener
- Middle bearing block with bushings for ball bearings
- Carbon extensions for front uprights
- Front uprights (r+l)
- Innovative "Direct-V-Brake System"
- Super lightweight hard coated aluminium brake discs
- Ball raced front and rear anti-roll bars
- Hollowed lightweight 2-speed shaft
- Symmetrical chassis plate
- Front lower wishbone with adjustable roll-center settings
- Front and rear belt tension adjustable without disassembly
- Wheel axles mounted from the outside for easy maintenance and set-up
- Top mounted fuel tank with adjustable volume
- Front and rear CVDs made of spring steel
- Hard-coated aluminium pinions
- "Velox Competition Clutch" with extra strong spring
- Well-proven "Velox Revolutionary Shock System"
The standard blue kits as well as a small quantity of black editions are available from now on!