Ronnefalk crowned VRC Pro world champion [VIDEO]
Friday, Dec 30, 2016 10:01pm
By Aaron Waldron
Race report from VRC World:
DAVID RONNEFALK CLAIMS FIRST VRC WORLD TITLE
2016 IFMAR World Champion David Ronnefalk from Sweden has claimed his first VRC World Championship title by winning the 15 minute long A-Main open final 1:8 electric buggies at the RC Tracks of Las Vegas off-road track, the very same track Ronnefalk won his IFMAR Worlds title 3 months before.
2014 VRC World Champion Marcin Maliński from Poland took second 2nd some 9 seconds back on Ronnefalk, and pole-sitter Warren Jones from the US snatched away 3rd from Swede Robert Hillman in the very last corner.
For David Ronnefalk it was a 'take off and never look back' final without too many trouble. Warren Jones had the speed but got himself in trouble just too often, clearly lacking the consistency that David demonstrated with his commanding lead. Just 3 laps before the end Jones was back in 5th but managed to clinch 3rd place right on the finish line.
- David Ronnefalk SE 26 15:10.155
- Marcin Maliński PL 26 15:19.483
- Warren Jones US 26 15:29.731
- Robert Hillman SE 26 15:30.683
- Michael Lightfoot GB 25 15:04.595
- Thomas NUZZACI FR 25 15:08.837
- Jonas Larsson SE 25 15:10.731
- Matthew Stacey CA 25 15:12.940
- Thomas Anger FR 25 15:13.243
- James Le Pavoux GB 25 15:27.965