By Aaron Waldron
New from Serpent:
COBRA E-TRUGGY 1/8 4WD RTR
The Serpent Cobra E-Truggy in RTR trim is an ideal basher type car that can take a lot of beating and its also a great package to start real racing ! Based on the high end competition Cobra E-Truggy it has the outright speed, great handling, reliability, rigidness and durability you need.
The RTR package is really dialed
- Factory assembled racing chassis
- Prepainted and precut low type truggy body and large composite rear wing
- Premounted truggy tyres/wheels/inserts
- Pre-set 4S to 6S capable waterproof 150A speedo ( DragonRC)
- 2000kv brushless longbody motor (DragonRC)
- Digital 2.4ghz transmitter (DragonRC)
- Metal gear servo 20kg ( DragonRC-Savox)
- 3 oilfilled geardifferentials
- Big bore shocks with rubber dustboots and machined aluminium shocktowers
- Spring steel transmission parts and turnbuckles, front and rear cvd driveshafts
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- Large battery-cases with easy felcron straps
- Machined aluminium chassisplate
- Fully ballraced
- Batteries for the car and transmitter are not included
The bodyshell is available in orange, green, blue and red, as well as a clear type.
Serpent offers a wide variety of optional parts for this car to further improve performance, make it lighter or for even nicer looks.
- 3 oilfilled geardifferentials
- Long and narrow 7075 T6 aluminium chassis
- Carbon fibre shocktowers
- Big bore shocks
- 3 geardiffs with new type spiral shaped gear and pinion 10T - 43T
- Spring steel transmission parts
- Super durable suspension
- Front C-hubs combined with angled steering system
- Front mounted motor / speedo/ receiver unit
- Longtudinal placed battery pack holders / chassis stiffners
- Low and narrow E-truggy body design
Fully expert pre assembled and pre-set chassis and electronics.
Prepainted and pre-cut low e-Truggy body, in 4 main colors orange, red, Green and Blue. ( also clear one available as optional)
Premounted race ready tyres / wheels with soft compounds and pintype profile for incredible grip.
Very narrow 3mm 7075T6 aluminium chassis. Countersunk holes, pockets to position the suspension brackets.
Side guards / battery trays
Durable shaped composite side guards / battery trays that follow the line of the chassis, and mount with 5 screws each side. The battery trays features easy to use Serpent marked felcron TM straps to secure the batteries in place. Fits 2S and 3S batteries.
Only one-screw is needed to secure the BL motor, in the nicely designed durable machined aluminium motormount. The space for the motor allows mounting all popular buggy and (monster)truggy motors.
DragonRc 2.4 GHz steeringwheel type transmitter with plenty settings and good range. Comes with small and light receiver.
DragonRC longbody 2000kV brushless motor with easy colorcoded connectors.
DragonRC waterproof speedcontroller with a massive 150A capacity to control the brushless motor and 4S or 6S battery power.
Very long and durable composite lower wishbones, combined with upper spring-steel trackrods. 2 lower shock-mount positions. Downstops can be used as needed. Pivotball type anti-roll bar rods. Very durable front steeringblock / C-hub assembly.
Drive-shafts and wheel axles
Long and lightweight spring steel units with pressed in steel pins, laser-engraved. Same length front and rear. Serpent spring steel threaded wheel-axles with lightweight grey anodised aluminium wheel-nuts to keep the massive truggy wheels/tyres on track. Captured universal joints.
Front and rear shocktower
Light, strong and durable machined 5mm aluminium units with 5 positions for shockangle.
Very small, compact design to reduce rotating mass to the max.
Durable composite rear uprights with 3 camber positions.
Rear wing mount and wing
The composite rear wing mount, allows to change the angle of the rear wing. Two stage high down force wing, has two levels of angle, which also includes 2 fins. Helps improve down force and straight line capability.
Shock-set front and rear
16mm big bore shocks, with hard anodized precision threaded shock-bodies. Shockboots in silicone rubber to keep the dirt out . Chromed shock-shafts for supersmooth shockaction.