By Mike Garrison
Press Release from Serpent:
The next evolution of the Serpent F110 platform takes F1 1/10 racing to new levels of performance. The F110 SF3 is based on the racing experience gained over the last 2 years of racing IDFM, ETS, TiTC and races all over the world.
The new F110 SF3 features a new narrow 2.5mm lightweight aluminum chassis in 7075 T6 with black anodizing, combined with extended carbon fibre side-bars to fit the electronics and weights more towards the back, this way allows the optimal longtudinal battery mounting and a very agile and responsive car. On the front the 2 separate L and R lower wishbone plates have been replaced by a full carbon suspension plate all the way across. The very realistic front and rear wings remain but in a stronger more flexible composite as well as the rear diffusor. ETS winning technology and performance!
MAIN SPECS OF THE CAR
- New narrow lightweight 2.5mm aluminum 7075 T6 chassis plate with black finish
- New carbon fiber front lower suspension plate in 2.5mm running all the way across instead having a separated left and rear side.
- New carbon fiber bolt-on side-pod plates to mount the electronics and weights
- Strong adjustable high downforce front nylon wing in a new more flexible composite material
- Carbon fiber rear top-deck, front top-deck, shock centerplate, rear pod plate, body mount plate and rear wing mount plate
- Front suspension with strong 2.5mm lower carbon suspension plate and aero type composite upper suspension arms; fully adjustable
- Durable steering blocks with upper pivot ball and kingpin spring system
- Adjustable kingpin inclination with inserts
- Adjustable ride height to suit both rubber and foam tires
- Caster adjustment with easy access inserts in the top carbon bracket
- Aluminum servo holder and new type steering saver system with adjustable Ackermann
- Lightweight central shock absorber RCC type with threaded housing for fine-tuning
- Spring-loaded Link-type rear suspension with single tube
- Bind-free central pivot ball system
- Pan car style rear end with low CG aluminum/carbon power pod
- Strong and light aluminum rear axle
- Durable and light ball-differential, and light aluminum hex wheel-hubs with steel insert
- Large durable adjustable 2 level composite rear wing
- High quality ball-bearings and fasteners
- Strong nylon body mounts with fine tuning nuts
- Optional wide front end available for use with foam tires
- Rear diffusor included
(Not included - Tires/wheels/ electronics, gears)
See more photos and full details by CLICKING HERE.