AVID releases new RC8.2 1mm Offset Insert Bushings
Wednesday, Jul 18, 2012 11:36am
By Mike Garrison
AVID Press Release:
AV1804 series of 1mm Offset Insert Bushings allow for a new range of tuning using your kit supplied suspension mounts. After hours of testing, the AVID team is offering up this simple solution to allow racers to customize their suspension to get lower rear roll centers and adjust rear toe-in to 1,2,3, 4 or 5 degrees as well as being able to move all of the other pivots on the chassis. The combinations are practically endless, but as we find out new setups they will be posted on the AV1804 product page at:
- 1mm offset lowers the rear inner arm pivot for a lower roll center when used in D-plate (*see PDF table for toe-in).
- Precision machined delrin with dot indicators, “L” and “R” noted on 2-dot, 3-dot versions.
- Inserts also fit the #89461 Front B-plate to lower the front roll center to a middle location between the standard RC8B and the RC8.2 low B plate #89481.
- Works with GHEA RC8.2 rear pivot blocks to change toe-in from 3 degrees to 2, 4, or 5.
- Fits: RC8.2, RC8.2e, RC8T CE, RC8B
- Each package includes 4 inserts. The complete set includes 12 inserts.