Team Associated releases 12mm Big Bore Shocks and Springs!
Friday, Sep 14, 2012 01:47pm
By Mike Garrison
They have been long-awaited, and finally, they have arrived! Introducing the all-new Team Associated 1/10 scale offroad big bore shocks! The new 12mm shocks and springs are designed to fit the B4.1, B44.1, T4.1, SC10, and SC10GT vehicles. Already proven race winning suspension as Ryan Cavalieri dominated the Cactus Classic using these very shocks and springs!
Team Associated Press Release:
NEW! 12mm "Big Bore" Shocks for the B4.1, B44.1, T4.1, SC10 and SC10GT
Team Associated is proud to announce their new, highly anticipated 12mm "Big Bore" shocks! The shocks are precision CNC machined, hard anodized aluminum with aluminum shock caps, threaded collars and seal caps. These shocks have been tested and developed by Team Associated's top drivers to provide a plush and consistent feel for the 1:10 off-road fleet of Team Associated vehicles. Since their winning debut in prototype form at the 2012 Cactus Classic, the team has used them to win every major event in the US, including a dominating performance by Ryan Cavalieri at the ROAR 1:10 Off Road Super Nationals in 2wd and 4WD Modified.
- 12mm hard anodized "Big Bore" threaded shock body
- Titanium Nitride (TiN) 3mm shock shaft with stronger M3
- Black hard-anodized aluminum shock cap with bleeder
- 12mm two-hole piston (1.5mm, 1.6mm and 1.7mm)
- Shock shaft hat bushing guide ensures concentric shock
- Optimized seal gland fit for smooth and consistent
- Factory Team blue anodized aluminum seal gland cap
- Factory Team blue anodized aluminum shock collar
- Three spring cup heights (+0mm, +5mm, +9mm offset)
- Includes mounting hardware and spacers
- Springs sold separately
12mm "Big Bore" Springs for the B4.1, B44.1, T4.1, SC10 and SC10GT
Team Associated's new Factory Team 12mm springs offer top level quality and precision by design.
Through rigorous testing our engineers found that a spring with more coils for a given spring rate improves rate tolerances, and proved to be better on the track. The springs are also black oxide coated to reduce corrosion without affecting rate tolerances.
Available in two universal lengths. By using different offset spring cups, you can obtain your desired ride height on all platforms with the same front or rear springs (No more truck and buggy sizes).
- Precision wound and measured in the USA
- High quality ASTM wire
- Black oxide coating
- Large diameter spring reduces buckling and spring rubbing
- Unique universal front and rear springs
- Fine spring rate increments (0.15lbs/in front, 0.10lbs/in rear)
- Colored pre-cut shrink tubing for spring identification