By Aaron Waldron
New from Schelle Racing Innovations:
B6 Strap X Plate for Rod Brace
The B6 Strap X Plate adapts on top of the hugely popular Schelle SCH1257 B6 Carbon Battery Strap. Using the same 4 attachment screws for the battery posts, the X brace creates a stable platform to allow racers to replace the standard plastic "waterfall" chassis brace with a single tie-rod. A tie-rod style brace has a pivot on each end, instead of the kit part which has only a single pivot. For certain conditions, adding flex in the center of the chassis can improve both traction and steering through the turns.
The general driving feel you'll have when switching from the more rigid plastic waterfall part to a chassis tie-rod is that you will have more rear grip and a less aggressive turn in. Mid corner to exit, the car tends to feel like the rear end rotates and follows the front end through the turn but usually without breaking traction. If your car is pushing on corner entry, we recommend keeping the plastic chassis brace, but if you want to take away some entry steering and trade it for some rear traction, the tie-rod brace is a great tuning option.
- 2.5mm carbon fiber, made in the USA.
- Adapts to existing SCH1257 Battery Strap* (*strap and tie rod shown, not included)
- 3 brace mounting holes to allow maximum stability and minimize leverage on the chassis mounting posts.
- Change battery position without re-adjusting your tie-rod but shifting the center mount hole.
- Pivot brace adds low speed traction and steering to let the rear end follow the front through turns.
Pro Installation Tips:
- Use B6 Long Shock Rod Ends (ASC91721) and a 50mm or 2.0" turnbuckle for best adjust ment range. Lengths up to 54mm will work with the setup.
- Secure the battery tight. Set the adjustment posts on the chassis to a height at or slightly below the surface of the battery so that the strap is secure against the LiPo case.
- Set the turnbuckle length so that there is no free-play front to rear. Typical length between rode ends is 40mm for B6 Laydown and 35.5 mm for B6D standup.